Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Day 3

I really wanted to do some projects that my kids could help with. I wanted them to draw a picture or write something on a glass plate using etching cream - HOWEVER - my oldest daughter asked if we could use an image from the computer and then all THREE kids wanted to. And so that's what we did - I let them design the plate, help apply the vinyl to the plate, and apply the etching cream.

I used my silhouette to cut out the images...be sure to reverse the image so you can apply it to the bottom of the plate.

Calista's plate (her teacher loves to golf)
Hailey's teacher loves baseball - it is also her classroom theme
Chance's teacher uses knights, princesses, dragons, etc as her classroom theme. Chance wanted a dragon and simply wanted a plate that said "Thank You"..haha..here is his plate.
And a cost breakdown for this project per plate:
Glass Plate -$1.50
Etching Cream -FREE (I had this at home however a bottle would cost approx $6.00
Vinyl -FREE (I also had this at home)
Total Cost -$1.50

No comments:

Post a Comment