Friday, May 13, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Doors

Whew!! So, lucky me got roped into not 1....not 2....not 3...but FOUR teacher appreciation doors!! We have 18 "extra" doors and we TRIED and TRIED to get volunteers to help and we did get a few but we still ended up with 9 doors between me and the PTA President...so discouraging that out of 800 students we can't get 9 moms to help with one activity...sigh....BIG SIGH.

Anyway, we split the rooms up and here's what I did..remember I had FOUR doors to do so they are nothing spectacular. (OH...and I should mention that we are currently short 2 doors..so I may be doing 2 more this weekend..sigh..BIG SIGH...BIG BIG SIGH!)

This is a door that I did for the ART teacher. It is a poster size "box" of crayons..

This is for the school psychologist..I don't even know his name.haha.

This is the door for the principal..got the idea from another website..and got the idea for the popcorn from a card found HERE...the popcorn is "puffy"..see next picture
So...you can't really tell in the picture but I made puffy paint by mixing shaving cream and Elmer's glue. I dabbed it onto the paper using a sponge brush and let it dry. Then I inked the edges with yellow and brown paint and lightly painted some of the puffy paint. If you click on the picture and enlarge it..you can see it better.

And finally...here is the door that I did for the lunch ladies...oh..but it is not on the door. We started encouraging the use of the walls next to the doors because some room moms have gone so overboard on the door that it won't open or close properly. HAHA! And some doors have been damaged so I put this one on the wall..It's the thought that counts, right!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment