Thursday, May 19, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Day 4


Today we are gonna sweeten up the teacher with some candy. I found out the teacher's favorite candy and we made these candy sundaes. They are so easy - the kids helped make most of them.

You will need a sundae glass, a styrofoam ball to fit on the glass, packaging tape (heavy duty), and lots and lots of candy!! We started by placing some candy into the sundae glass and then we used the packaging tape to tape the styrofoam ball onto the glass. I placed the "straw" into the ball so I knew where it would be and could work around it. Then we just started at the bottom and worked our way around and up the ball. We used the packaging tape to adhere the candy. I tried using a stapler because I thought it would be easier to just pull off one candy at a time but that didn't work so well. I might if you have the green ball but I was using the white styrofoam ball. Tape you cherry cordial on top and you are ready to go!

The teachers absolutely loved these and the kids had a great time making them.


Estimated cost:
Sundae dish $1 (gotta love the dollar store)
styrofoam ball $1 (again the dollar store)
candy $7 (depends on if you use one kind or several)
Total Cost is about $10

No comments:

Post a Comment