Friday, May 20, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Gift Day 5

Well...I kinda had to scramble to get this project together. Haha - sometimes our best plans just don't work out.

I have had this idea for a week or so that I wanted my kids to make up "fortunes" for their teachers and then I was going to MAKE fortune cookies and put the fortunes inside the cookies, put them in a chinese take out bag and include a note that said, "I'm FORTUNATE to have you as a teacher." Well, we have been so busy with end of the year activities that I didn't get my kids to sit down and write fortunes until last night. And so at 10:00pm, I start making fortune cookies. They are NOT super hard to make, however they did take some time and practice on learning how to cook them just right and fold them. I went through the first batch and only had about 6 cookies that were decent. It's now 11:30pm and I have lost all motivation for this project....maybe next year. Although, I absolutely LOVED one of Chance's fortunes for his teacher. He said, "You will be haunted by cookies." So cute - wish I could have made this one work.

And so early this morning, I had my kids sit down with at the computer (thank goodness for computers!) and we came up with these. Luckily, I had the kid's class lists on hand. I thought about having them come up with words that described their teacher - but I was VERY short on time so we just used the names of all the kids in the class.

We used this website to create this project: Tagxedo

Calista's teacher gift (her teacher served a mission to Mongolia and has taught the kids alot about Mongolia. She loves the people of Mongolia so very much and it is very important to her so we made her gift in the shape of Mongolia.)
Hailey's teacher gift - the website has some premade shapes and Hailey picked a heartChance's teacher gift - Chance's teacher LOVES music and so we used a music note. (to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment