Thursday, May 20, 2010

Teacher Appreciation Gift


I have made these several times and I still think they are as cute as can be!! The original idea was found in Family Fun magazine.

Last time I made a cute little crayon box for the pretzels and gave them a book..see it HERE:

I buy the white vanilla bark and then use Candy Color to color it. Be sure to buy Candy Color and not the food coloring!!

These are the pretzels that I used. They work perfectly.


I've done it 2 ways
1) Dip the first end, let it set up and then dip the other end.
2) Dip both ends at the same time.

Once the chocolate it set up, then you can wrap it with the crayon wrapper. I found some really cute crayon templates HERE: I just printed them off onto colored paper.

Here is what they look like before the wrapper...not very cute.


And what a difference the wrapper makes.

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea. I have been in charge of Teacher appreciation week at my kids school the last couple of years. This year we are doing "Our teachers are our stars" a hollywood theme. We decide our theme next year would be " You color my world". These crayon pretzels will be perfect for it. Thank you so much for sharing. Looking forward to more great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I am the room mom for my class and am doing this for our teacher. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete