Sunday, October 17, 2010

Father's Day gift idea....

You may be thinking..why is she posting a Father's day craft in the middle of October. Well, I can't believe that I forgot to post this craft - but then I realized that it was a crazy time of year. The kids had just got out of school and I was getting ready to go to girl's camp so this one kinda slipped by and then I was dusting off my hubby's and thought to myself, "Did I add this to my craft blog?"

I gave a YW lesson on the Priesthood and found out that you can request a copy of a priesthood holder's line of authority from the general church office. I immediately started thinking about what a great Father's day gift this would be for my husband, my dad, and my father-in-law. Just be aware that the line of authority will be mailed to the address on file - so I had to have my mother-in-law and my mother watch the mail and then send them to me.

Originally, I had big plans to make it all cutesy with digital scrapbooking and such - but then I saw this simple idea on someone's blog...and I'm sorry but I don't remember where and I can't find it. If you happen to come across it, let me know and I'll be sure to link over to it.

So, here is what I ended up with. (sorry it is not the greatest photo)


The frame can be purchased at Walmart for about $10. It is an 8x8 square shadowbox frame. I printed the line of authority onto vellum paper and cut a tie template out of scrapbook paper. So easy and so meaningful. I also printed a wallet sized line of authority for them to carry with them.

It has an awesome quote on the bottom that says: We in the restored Church of Jesus Christ can trace the priesthood line of authority exercised by the newest deacon in the ward, the bishop who presides over him, and the prophet who presides over all of us. That line goes back in an unbroken chain to angelic ministers who came from the Son of God Himself, bearing this incomparable gift from heaven.

1 comment:

  1. Here is the link that I showed you about these
    http://naptimecrafting.blogspot.com/2009/10/shadowbox-frame.html

    ReplyDelete