Thursday, October 28, 2010

Square Pumpkins




Chance's class has a Mystery Reader come in every week and read to them. I wanted to go in October so I could dress up. I decided to read the book "Spookley, the square pumpkin". It is a cute story about appreciating the differences in everybody.

Well - as you can imagine, I couldn't go empty handed!! I thought it would be cute to give the kids a little square pumpkin. Literally, I made 25 of these in less than one hour!! That includes cutting the wood, painting, and assembling!! They are super easy and the kids LOVED them!!

I used a 2x2 piece of wood and cut them into squares. I drilled a hole into the top and painted them orange. I used dowel pins for the stems. I like them because they are a little bit textured but you could use regular dowels as well. I painted them green. Then I stuck the dowel pin into the drilled hole and hammered it in.

I debated adding the raffia or drawing a face on them - but I ended up liking them just plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment