Saturday, December 24, 2011

Reindeer Noses

Awwww.....neighbor gifts.  What to do?  What to do?  Every year it becomes more and more competitive and hard and harder to be original.  A couple years ago, I decided to simplify and do the same thing each year but with a twist.  I find a Christmas story that I like and then make sugar cookies that coordinate with it.
Like many others - this time of year can be absolutely crazy and I didn't get around to making them.  It came down to Dec 20 and I had to do something but it had to be easy.  I googled "neighbor gifts" and found Reindeer Noses.
They are simple - whoppers, sour cherry balls, and a label.  I started by making some in bowls and attaching a label to the top like this:


 And then made some simple ones like this for their teachers.  If I was to do it again, I would probably use a quart size bag for the neighbor gifts and a snack size for teachers. (forego the bowls)
P.S. I got the cute reindeer clipart from Just So Scrappy - love her stuff!!!

1 comment:

  1. I loved these thanks! I love the rolling pins. I still want to make some!

    ReplyDelete