Sunday, November 7, 2010

YW Personal Progress Tracker

I've had this idea floating around my head for awhile and I've tried a couple of different ideas but I think I finally got it this time. Basically I wanted a way for my young women to track their personal progress - something they would see everyday that would remind them to be working on it....but I also wanted them to be part of making it and personalizing it. (Oh and did I mention that it had to be CHEAP!!!)

So, here's what I finally came up with - an altered clipboard. I got the personal progress tracking sheets from the distribution center (NO COST). The clipboards are about $1.50 at Walmart and then I will have the girls pick out their own scrapbook paper so it matches their bedroom. They will need two 12x12 pages. I already had clothespins but you can pick them up at the $1 store along with the post-it notes. You'll also need some modge podge and ribbon - but I also had that on hand.

I did debate laminating the paper on the bottom portion of the board so it could be used as a dry erase board and they could write down which goal they are currently working on...but it was too complicated so I simplified. I also thought about adding a box to the bottom corner to hold a pen but then decided on the clothespin and we can tie a pen onto the top with a ribbon if we want to. Remember I'm working with 12 girls on this. :)

So, here is the finished project. This can be hung up on their wall and HOPEFULLY encourage them to work on their personal progress.

5 comments:

  1. This is a great idea. Thanks! (I found you on Pinterest.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea!!!! I've been wanting to have something like this for a while now and this one is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I'm going to do an activity with my mia maids this week.

    ReplyDelete